What if some of the questions on the application form don’t apply to me?
You should fill in all spaces on immigration application PDF forms, if possible. If a question does not apply, you should leave it blank.
If you’re applying online and the form doesn’t let you leave the space blank, type “N/A” or “NA.”
For background/Schedule A questions
If you have to leave questions blank on Schedule A, you should include a letter of explanation that says why it doesn’t apply. This is so the officer doing your background check knows you didn’t forget to fill it in. Otherwise, that could delay your application.
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out and validate IRCC application forms with 2D barcodes?
- Why won’t my application form let me save my information or digitally sign it?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is an application number?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my citizenship application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: