How do I renew my permanent resident card?
If your permanent resident (PR) card is expired or will expire in less than 9 months, you can apply for a new card. The new card will have a new expiration date. Most new PR cards are valid for 5 years.
To be eligible for a PR card, you need to
- be a permanent resident and
- submit your application in Canada
Find out how to submit a PR card application.
Answers others found useful
- What should I do if my PR card has been lost, stolen or destroyed?
- I’ve lost my citizenship card/certificate. How do I replace it?
- How do I replace my Refugee Protection Claimant Document?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: