What special allowances may refugees get?
The special allowances include:
- a school start-up allowance for children attending school, from kindergarten through high school,
- a maternity allowance for pregnant women,
- a newborn allowance for a family to buy clothing and furniture for their child, and
- a housing supplement.
Answers others found useful
- Who is eligible for sponsorship under the Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program?
- Who can sponsor a refugee?
- How long does it take before a privately sponsored refugee gets to Canada?
- Who decides whether a refugee can be sponsored and resettled?
- What kind of support do government-assisted refugees get?
- Date modified: