I paid the employer compliance fee, but the worker is not coming to Canada. Can I get a refund?
Yes, you can get a refund. However, you must withdraw your offer of employment first. Once the offer of employment has been withdrawn, a refund will be issued automatically to the same payment method you used to pay. Refunds can take up to a year to be processed.
Read the Employer Portal User Guide to find out how to withdraw your offer.
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Who can apply for an open work permit?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
- Date modified: