How do I apply for an eTA for travel to Canada?
To apply you must have a valid passport from a visa-exempt country, a valid credit and an email address.
It costs $7 CAD to get an eTA and only takes a few minutes to apply. Approved eTAs are valid for up to five years.
Answers others found useful
- Do I need a visa to visit Canada?
- Do I need a Canadian visa if I have a United States visa?
- I am visiting the U.S. I want to come to Canada. Do I need an eTA?
- Do I need a visa if I am travelling through Canada without stopping or visiting?
- How do I help a family member or friend apply to visit Canada?
- I am travelling with my minor child without my spouse. What documents must I present?
- What’s the difference between a visitor visa and a visitor record?
- Do I need to apply for both a visitor visa and an eTA?
How to videos
- Date modified: