What is the employer compliance fee? How do I pay it?
The employer compliance fee is a fee that employers must pay to hire a temporary worker through the International Mobility Program (IMP).
You don’t need to pay the employer compliance fee if you hire a worker:
- with a valid open work permit or
- through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program.
To pay, create an account in the Employer Portal and submit an offer of employment.
Employer compliance exemptions
Some employers don’t need to pay the employer compliance fee when they are LMIA-exempt. Find out if you are exempt.
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Who can apply for an open work permit?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
- Date modified: