What happens if I entered the wrong passport number on my client’s eTA application form?
If your client reviews the approval email and confirms that the passport number is not correct, you must complete a new application.
Note: The Government of Canada will send email updates to the email address provided on the eTA application form. These emails will include the passport number that the eTA application is linked to. Be sure to confirm that the passport number in this correspondence is correct. If the passport number is not correct, you will need to submit a new eTA application with the correct passport number.
Answers others found useful
- Do I need a visa to visit Canada?
- Do I need a Canadian visa if I have a United States visa?
- How do I apply for an eTA for travel to Canada?
- I am visiting the U.S. I want to come to Canada. Do I need an eTA?
- Do I need a visa if I am travelling through Canada without stopping or visiting?
- How do I help a family member or friend apply to visit Canada?
- I am travelling with my minor child without my spouse. What documents must I present?
- What’s the difference between a visitor visa and a visitor record?
- Do I need to apply for both a visitor visa and an eTA?
How to videos
- Date modified: