I am an entrepreneur. Do I need a Labour Market Impact Assessment to work in Canada?
No. You can apply for a work permit without a Labour Market Impact Assessment, but you must intend to operate a business in Canada that would create or maintain:
- significant social, cultural or economic benefits, or
- jobs for Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Who can apply for an open work permit?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: