I cannot submit the additional documents required for my eTA application by the requested deadline. Can I still travel to Canada?
No. eTA is a mandatory entry requirement. You should not travel to Canada until a decision is made on your application. If you are leaving for Canada soon, you may want to consider rescheduling your flight.
If you are not sure how to submit the documents requested for your eTA application, follow these step-by-step instructions.
If you are waiting for someone (police department, doctor) to send you documents, or have problems uploading the documents and cannot submit them by the deadline, complete this web form to request an extension to the deadline.
Answers others found useful
- Do I need a visa to visit Canada?
- Do I need a Canadian visa if I have a United States visa?
- How do I apply for an eTA for travel to Canada?
- I am visiting the U.S. I want to come to Canada. Do I need an eTA?
- Do I need a visa if I am travelling through Canada without stopping or visiting?
- How do I help a family member or friend apply to visit Canada?
- I am travelling with my minor child without my spouse. What documents must I present?
- What’s the difference between a visitor visa and a visitor record?
- Do I need to apply for both a visitor visa and an eTA?
How to videos
- Date modified: