My application for an eTA was refused. Can I still travel to Canada?
If your application was refused, you should not travel to Canada. If you try to travel to Canada with a refused eTA, you will be prevented from boarding your flight.
We encourage you to reapply for an eTA only once you have addressed the reason(s) leading to the refusal of your application.
Answers others found useful
- Do I need a visa to visit Canada?
- Do I need a Canadian visa if I have a United States visa?
- How do I apply for an eTA for travel to Canada?
- I am visiting the U.S. I want to come to Canada. Do I need an eTA?
- Do I need a visa if I am travelling through Canada without stopping or visiting?
- How do I help a family member or friend apply to visit Canada?
- I am travelling with my minor child without my spouse. What documents must I present?
- What’s the difference between a visitor visa and a visitor record?
- Do I need to apply for both a visitor visa and an eTA?
How to videos
- Date modified: