My sponsor says they will guarantee that the Canadian government will accept my refugee application. Is that true?
No one can guarantee that we will accept your application. Not your sponsor, nor anyone you hire to help, such as a consultant. Only a Canadian visa officer can make that decision.
There are also other requirements, such as medical and security checks, that you must meet before we can approve your application.
Answers others found useful
- Who is eligible for sponsorship under the Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program?
- Who can sponsor a refugee?
- How long does it take before a privately sponsored refugee gets to Canada?
- Who decides whether a refugee can be sponsored and resettled?
- What kind of support do government-assisted refugees get?
- Date modified: