How many privately sponsored refugees does Canada accept each year?
The number of privately sponsored refugees who can arrive in Canada each year is set out in the Annual Immigration Levels Plan.
The department also sets a cap each year on the number of applications that we will accept from Sponsorship Agreement Holders.
Answers others found useful
- Who is eligible for sponsorship under the Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program?
- Who can sponsor a refugee?
- How long does it take before a privately sponsored refugee gets to Canada?
- Who decides whether a refugee can be sponsored and resettled?
- What kind of support do government-assisted refugees get?
- Date modified: