Do I submit an offer of employment even if a foreign company will pay my company’s temporary worker?
Yes, if your Canadian company has contracted the services of a foreign company, you must submit the offer of employment in the Employer Portal. This is required under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Even though the foreign company will pay the temporary worker’s salary, you have hired them to work in Canada.
Use the Alternate compensation scheme field in the offer of employment to explain that the foreign company will pay the temporary worker.
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Who can apply for an open work permit?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
- Date modified: