How do I change an offer of employment, or fix a mistake I made in one?
If we’ve already approved the temporary worker’s work permit, you must submit a new offer of employment in the Employer Portal. You’ll need to pay the employer compliance fee again and the worker will have to apply for a new work permit.
If we haven’t approved the work permit yet, you can withdraw your offer of employment in the Employer Portal. Then, submit a new offer with the new information.
If the temporary worker has already submitted a work permit application to us, they’ll also need to withdraw their work permit application. They can send us a request to withdraw their application by using our Web form. They must include the reason for the withdrawal request. They’ll then have to apply for a new work permit with the new offer of employment number.
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Who can apply for an open work permit?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
- Date modified: