I don’t have a Canada Revenue Agency number. How do I submit an offer of employment?
All Canadian organizations with employees must have a Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) business number. If you want to hire temporary workers, you will need to get a CRA number.
There is an exception if the foreign worker is both the employer and the temporary worker. This applies if you are a foreign worker who is:
- self-employed or an entrepreneur and
- starting a business in Canada
In this case, you must email us with the following information:
- your name
- your date of birth
- your citizenship and country of birth
- your gender
We will use this information to link your offer of employment (as the employer) to your work permit application (as the temporary worker).
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Who can apply for an open work permit?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
- Date modified: