I’m eligible for two-week processing under the GSS. Can I bring my family?
Processing delays for GSS applications
Processing times for GSS applications continue to be affected by
- the number of applications we’ve already received
- an increase in applications as health and travel restrictions lift in Canada and around the world
It will probably take more than 2 weeks to process your GSS application. We’re continuing to recover so we can return to 2-week processing.
Yes, if you all apply at the same time, your spouse, common-law partner or dependent children will also be eligible for two-week processing. Make sure everyone submits a complete application to avoid delays.
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Who can apply for an open work permit?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: