When can I check my application status?
Five things need to happen before you can check your application status:
- You submit your application.
- We get your application and add it to our processing queue.
- We check your application to see if it’s complete.
- If it’s complete, we start processing it.
- You get an acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) letter or email with your application number.
These steps can take anywhere from a few days to several months, depending on what you applied for.
Once you have your AOR or your application number, you can check the status of your application. Find out how to check your application status.
If you’re worried we didn’t get your application, find out how to check if we received your application.
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- When does my processing time start?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application online. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- What does my family sponsorship application status mean?
- Why can’t I create a permanent residence tracker account for my sponsorship application?
- Why have processing times changed for some applications types?
- How do I check the status of my Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel application?
- Date modified: