What’s the pilot project to improve the family reunification process for protected persons?
We’re working to improve the family reunification process for eligible protected persons through 2 changes:
- Easier submission and communication: protected persons in Canada can submit applications for eligible family members living outside Canada with their own application. They can also help us contact their families when we need more information.
- Simplified processing: we will process the applications of eligible protected persons and their family members at the same time and same office in Canada.
See also: Am I eligible to apply to the pilot project for my dependent family members living outside Canada?
Answers others found useful
- What happens if my PR card expires while I am outside Canada?
- I’m a new permanent resident of Canada. Do I need to apply for a PR card?
- How long will it take to process my PR card?
- I need to leave Canada and I do not have a PR card. Can I later re-enter Canada?
- How do I renew my PR card?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: