How do I request accommodations for the online citizenship test?
Contact the email address in the Accommodation section of your test invitation. Your email must include
- a detailed explanation of what you need
- any supporting documents, if applicable
- your application number
- your unique client identifier (UCI)
Here are some examples of the types of accommodations you can ask for:
|Accommodation type||Details or examples|
|If you cannot take the test online||
This can be because you
Your face must be fully visible through your webcam during the online test.
You can ask us for an accommodation if you cannot remove your face covering.
|Special or accessibility needs||
If you need
You cannot take the citizenship test due to the following disabilities or conditions:
When you contact us, include a supporting document from a Canadian medical practitioner.
The supporting document must
Answers others found useful
- What are the requirements for becoming a Canadian citizen?
- I already have a citizenship application in process. How will the 2015 changes to the citizenship legislation affect my application?
- Do I become a Canadian when I marry a Canadian?
- How much does it cost to apply for Canadian citizenship?
- I am a citizen of another country. Will I lose that citizenship if I become a Canadian?
- What can I do if my citizenship application is refused?
- What should I do if I missed my citizenship test?
- Can I leave Canada after I mail my citizenship application?
- What is a non-routine citizenship application?
- Do I have to use the travel journal?
- If I’m applying for citizenship, do I still have to submit the physical presence calculator if I submit the travel journal?
- If I’m transferring through different countries at the airport, or by car or train, do I need to record it in my travel journal?
- How do I get more copies of the travel journal?
- My application has been returned, because it’s incomplete. Do I have to recalculate my physical presence (time lived in Canada)?
- Date modified: