I signed in to the online test, but the page shows a “You can’t take the test right now” message. What should I do?
You may see this message if you signed in either
- before you got your test invitation or
- outside your 21-day period of test access
You can’t sign in before you get the test invitation. The invitation will explain that you have a 21-day period to access the test and include the start and end dates of your access.
You also can’t sign in outside this period or after you submit the test.
If you’re within the correct 21-day period and still see the message, make sure you entered the correct information, including
You’ll find the application number and UCI in your test invitation.
If you still have issues signing in, contact IRCC.CitOnlineTest-TestenligneCit.IRCC@cic.gc.ca. In your email, include
- a detailed explanation of the issue
- your application number
- your unique client identifier (UCI)
Answers others found useful
- What are the requirements for becoming a Canadian citizen?
- I already have a citizenship application in process. How will the 2015 changes to the citizenship legislation affect my application?
- Do I become a Canadian when I marry a Canadian?
- How much does it cost to apply for Canadian citizenship?
- I am a citizen of another country. Will I lose that citizenship if I become a Canadian?
- What can I do if my citizenship application is refused?
- What should I do if I missed my citizenship test?
- Can I leave Canada after I mail my citizenship application?
- What is a non-routine citizenship application?
- Do I have to use the travel journal?
- If I’m applying for citizenship, do I still have to submit the physical presence calculator if I submit the travel journal?
- If I’m transferring through different countries at the airport, or by car or train, do I need to record it in my travel journal?
- How do I get more copies of the travel journal?
- My application has been returned, because it’s incomplete. Do I have to recalculate my physical presence (time lived in Canada)?
- Date modified: