My International Experience Canada application was approved, but I didn’t go to Canada. Does that count as a participation?
No. As of January 9, 2023, it only counts as a participation if you arrive in Canada and receive your work permit.
In the past, getting a port of entry (POE) letter of introduction counted as a participation. The definition of a participation changed to help youth who could not come to Canada before their POE letter expired.
If you applied before January 9, 2023
If you didn’t come to Canada before your POE letter expired, it doesn’t count as a participation. If you’re still eligible, you can create a new profile.
When to create a new profile
You must wait until your POE letter expires to create a new profile.
Answers others found useful
- Can I come to Canada before I receive my POE Letter?
- What type of insurance do I need for International Experience Canada?
- Can I change employers if I have an International Experience Canada work permit?
- Can I extend my International Experience Canada work permit?
- Can I stay in Canada as a tourist after my work permit expires?
- Date modified: