Can my dependent children work in Canada?
If your dependent children want to work in Canada, they must apply for their own work permit. Normally, they must meet the same requirements that you do.
In most cases, your dependent children must apply for a work permit for a specific job. Their employer may have to get a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), a document an employer must usually get before they can hire a foreign worker) from Employment and Social Development Canada. An LMIA allows an employer to hire someone for a specific job.
In some cases, your dependent children will need a medical exam.
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Who can apply for an open work permit?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
- Date modified: