Can I change employers under the Live-in Caregiver Program?
Yes, you may change employers under the Live-in Caregiver Program. However, you must first sign an employment contract with your new employer so that your new employer may apply for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). After Employment and Social Development Canada issues a positive LMIA, you must apply for a new work permit.
There are several other steps you must take before you change employers, including asking your current employer for some documents. For more information, see Changing Jobs.
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Who can apply for an open work permit?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
- Date modified: