Why has the status of my immigration application on CAS not changed, even though I sent it a long time ago?
Client Application Status (CAS) may not show some activities on your file for many weeks. That is because the visa offices and the case processing centres get a lot of information.
In many cases, an in-process file is actually waiting in a queue for initial review. Applications are handled in the order they are received and on a case-by-case basis. The waiting time in this queue can be long. Applications are processed according to the application processing times at a given location.
In addition, CAS does not show some other actions—such as security checks—at all. So it may appear as though nothing is happening to your file, even though you have had interactions with us recently.
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- When does my processing time start?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application online. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- What does my family sponsorship application status mean?
- Why can’t I create a permanent residence tracker account for my sponsorship application?
- Why have processing times changed for some applications types?
- How do I check the status of my Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel application?
- Date modified: