How can I extend my stay as a worker?
You should apply as early as possible (at least 30 days) before your current work permit expires if you want to extend your stay as a worker in Canada.
For more information on extending your stay as a worker, visitor or student, see
- Extend or change the conditions on your work permit
- Extend or change your work permit – International Experience Canada
- How can I extend my stay as a visitor?
- How can I extend my stay as a student?
Steps your employer may need to take
Your employer may need to apply for a new Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), which is a document from Employment and Social Development Canada that says the employer is allowed to hire you.
If you’re exempt from the LMIA process, your employer will need to pay the employer compliance fee and submit a new offer of employment through the Employer Portal.
For more information, see Extend a temporary worker’s permit.
Answers others found useful
- Who can make a request under the Access to Information Act?
- What information is available under the Access to Information Act and Privacy Act?
- Who can make a request under the Privacy Act?
- How and where do I submit an Access to Information or Privacy request?
- What is the fee for an Access request?
Form and guide
- Date modified: