Can I apply for a study permit if I’m already in Canada?
Yes. You can apply for a study permit while you’re in Canada. Find out what instructions you need to follow and what forms you need to use by telling us where you’re applying from.
Some people don’t need a study permit to study in Canada. If your class or program lasts less than 6 months, or you meet one of the other exceptions, you may not need to get one. Find out if you need a study permit. If you don’t need a study permit, you can enrol in your classes.
If you’re currently a visitor in Canada
Find out how you can apply for a study permit if you’re already in Canada as a visitor.
Answers others found useful
- Do I need a permit to study in Canada?
- I am an international student in Canada. Can I work while studying?
- As a foreign student, can I return home or travel outside Canada while studying?
- When should I apply for my study permit?
- How do I apply for a study permit?
- I’ve applied to extend my study permit. Can I travel outside Canada and be able to return?
- I want to change my school or study program. How can I change my study permit?
- What do I do if the school I’m studying at loses its designated learning institution status?
Form and guide
- Date modified: