Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

Can I apply for a study permit if I’m already in Canada?

Yes. You can apply for a study permit while you’re in Canada. Find out what instructions you need to follow and what forms you need to use by telling us where you’re applying from.

Some people don’t need a study permit to study in Canada. If your class or program lasts less than 6 months, or you meet one of the other exceptions, you may not need to get one. Find out if you need a study permit. If you don’t need a study permit, you can enrol in your classes.

If you’re currently a visitor in Canada

Find out how you can apply for a study permit if you’re already in Canada as a visitor.

Answers others found useful

Help tool

Create an account or sign in

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: