Can I continue to work during scheduled school breaks?
Generally, yes. Your study permit must still be valid and you must still meet all the requirements.
If you work off campus
You can work full-time during scheduled breaks, like over summer holidays and during spring break. You must meet all the requirements for working off campus before you start working. Once your school year restarts, you can only work a maximum of 20 hours per week.
Changes to off-campus work hours
You may be eligible to work more than 20 hours per week off campus under a temporary public policy. Find out if you meet the requirements.
If you work on-campus
You can work full-time during scheduled breaks, like over summer holidays and during spring break. You must meet all the requirements for working on-campus before you start working.
Answers others found useful
- Do I need a permit to study in Canada?
- I am an international student in Canada. Can I work while studying?
- As a foreign student, can I return home or travel outside Canada while studying?
- When should I apply for my study permit?
- How do I apply for a study permit?
- I’ve applied to extend my study permit. Can I travel outside Canada and be able to return?
- I want to change my school or study program. How can I change my study permit?
- What do I do if the school I’m studying at loses its designated learning institution status?
Form and guide
- Date modified: