Can I apply for a job before I get my post-graduation work permit?
Yes, but only if you:
- were a full-time student at a designated learning institution (DLI) in a post-secondary academic, vocational or professional training program,
- already completed your program of study, and
- didn't exceed the number of hours you could work on and off-campus.
If we refuse your post-graduation work permit, you must stop working immediately.
Answers others found useful
- Do I need a permit to study in Canada?
- I am an international student in Canada. Can I work while studying?
- As a foreign student, can I return home or travel outside Canada while studying?
- When should I apply for my study permit?
- How do I apply for a study permit?
- I’ve applied to extend my study permit. Can I travel outside Canada and be able to return?
- I want to change my school or study program. How can I change my study permit?
- What do I do if the school I’m studying at loses its designated learning institution status?
Form and guide
- Date modified: