Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

Can I apply for a job before I get my post-graduation work permit?

Yes, but only if you:

  • were a full-time student at a designated learning institution (DLI) in a post-secondary academic, vocational or professional training program,
  • already completed your program of study, and
  • didn't exceed the number of hours you could work on and off-campus.

If we refuse your post-graduation work permit, you must stop working immediately.

Answers others found useful

Help tool

Create an account or sign in

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: