Is legal assistance available to asylum claimants?
If you are eligible to make a claim for refugee status, you may be able to get a lawyer to help you. Each province and territory has a legal aid contact. Please contact them for more information.
You can also find legal aid offices in the area where you live by looking in the telephone book under Legal Aid. An immigrant-serving organization will also be able to tell you where and how to obtain these services.
Answers others found useful
- Who can make a request under the Access to Information Act?
- What information is available under the Access to Information Act and Privacy Act?
- Who can make a request under the Privacy Act?
- How and where do I submit an Access to Information or Privacy request?
- What is the fee for an Access request?
How To Videos
Forms and Guides
- Date modified: