How do I withdraw my application for citizenship services?
This depends on how you applied.
You may be able to get a refund for some or all of your fees. Find out if you can ask for a refund.
If you applied online
Use the web form to cancel or withdraw your online application.
If you applied on paper
- form CIT 0027E Withdrawal of Citizenship Application (PDF, 600 KB)
- a copy of the fee receipt
We recommend that you keep a copy of the withdrawal form for your records.
Put the form and a copy of the fee receipt in an envelope. Write “Withdrawal of Application” on it.
If you submitted your application to a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate, mail your withdrawal request there.
If you sent your application to CPC-Sydney and we haven’t transferred it to a local IRCC office, mail your withdrawal request to:
“Withdrawal of Application”
P.O. Box 12000
“Withdrawal of Application”
49 Dorchester Street
If we transferred your application to a local office
- mail your withdrawal request to that office
- you’ll find contact information for the office processing your application in the letter we sent you
Contact us using the web form if you don’t know
- if we transferred your application or
- which office is processing your application
Answers others found useful
- What are the requirements for becoming a Canadian citizen?
- I already have a citizenship application in process. How will the 2015 changes to the citizenship legislation affect my application?
- Do I become a Canadian when I marry a Canadian?
- How much does it cost to apply for Canadian citizenship?
- I am a citizen of another country. Will I lose that citizenship if I become a Canadian?
- What can I do if my citizenship application is refused?
- What should I do if I missed my citizenship test?
- Can I leave Canada after I mail my citizenship application?
- What is a non-routine citizenship application?
- Do I have to use the travel journal?
- If I’m applying for citizenship, do I still have to submit the physical presence calculator if I submit the travel journal?
- If I’m transferring through different countries at the airport, or by car or train, do I need to record it in my travel journal?
- How do I get more copies of the travel journal?
- My application has been returned, because it’s incomplete. Do I have to recalculate my physical presence (time lived in Canada)?
Form and guide
- Application for Canadian citizenship – Adult
- Application for Canadian citizenship – Minor applying with parent or guardian
- Application for Canadian citizenship – Minor applying alone
- Application for Canadian citizenship – Adopted person
- Application for Canadian citizenship – Stateless person born to a Canadian parent
- Application for Canadian Citizenship – Canadian Armed Forces
- Date modified: