What do I do if an online application is down?
Scheduled down time
You’ll need to wait a few hours at most. If our online applications and access to online accounts are down for routine system maintenance
- We post a message with details including the day, the start time and the planned duration of the maintenance on pages that lead to online applications and account sign in pages. We also tell you at what time everything should be available again. Messages are usually just above an “Apply” or “Sign in” button.
- You can also follow Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada on Twitter for notifications on when online applications will be unavailable.
Unscheduled down time
If our online applications are down unexpectedly, we’ll post information and updates about it as soon as we can on our Twitter account and our website in the same locations as we post scheduled down time messages. We appreciate your patience as we endeavour to resolve the issue. Once resolved, we’ll announce it on Twitter and remove the messages on our website.
Thank you for your feedback
Answers others found useful
- My documents are too large to upload. How do I reduce the file size?
- What file formats can I upload to my account?
- How do I view the messages in my account?
- Can I send a new document after I apply online?
- What is GCKey?
- What is Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge)?
- How do I upload documents to my IRCC Portal account after I’ve submitted my application?
Form and guide
- Date modified: