How long is my POE Letter valid?
There is a box titled “Permit validity” on your Port of Entry (POE) Letter. You must come to Canada prior to that date.
If the validity date has passed and you have not yet come to Canada, you must submit a new application.
You cannot extend the validity date on your POE Letter.
Your POE Letter will be valid for the requested length of your work permit, study permit or super visa. You may be eligible to extend your work permit once you are in Canada.
International Experience Canada participants only
Your POE Letter will normally be valid for 12 months. If you underwent a medical exam, it will be valid until the expiry date of your medical exam or for 12 months, whichever is less.
You can only extend your International Experience Canada work permit in very specific situations. Find out if you can extend your work permit.
Answers others found useful
- Can I come to Canada before I receive my POE Letter?
- What type of insurance do I need for International Experience Canada?
- Can I change employers if I have an International Experience Canada work permit?
- Can I extend my International Experience Canada work permit?
- Can I stay in Canada as a tourist after my work permit expires?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: