How do I give my fingerprints and get an RCMP criminal record check from inside or outside Canada?
RCMP service delays
There’s currently a large demand for RCMP criminal record checks. Your request may be delayed. If this delay has affected you, we’ll automatically extend the deadline to provide the criminal record check by 30 days. You don’t need to contact us or the RCMP to extend the deadline.
If you have lived in Canada for more than 6 months since the age of 18, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) may ask you for fingerprints to complete your criminal record check.
Do not request a criminal record check unless we send you a letter asking for one.
If you need to submit fingerprints for a citizenship application, they must be collected inside Canada.
If you need to give your fingerprints for a criminal record check, this is not the same as giving your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) for an application.
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out an IRCC application?
- How do I fill out and validate IRCC application forms with 2D barcodes?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is my client ID?
- How can I come to Canada as a visitor, worker or student?
- How do I submit my application?
- What do you mean by surname?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
- If my visa, work or study permit application is refused, will I have to give biometrics for my next application?
- I submitted my application with the old permanent residence fees. Will my application be rejected or returned?
- I submitted my application and paid the processing fee before April 30, 2020. I haven’t paid the right of permanent residence fee (RPRF) yet. Do I pay the old or new RPRF fee?
- What is an application number?
- I received a letter from IRCC saying that my permanent residence application is incomplete. I paid the old fees already, but want to submit a new application. How do I pay my new permanent residence fees?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: