Can I re-use my Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report to submit my Express Entry profile?
Yes, provided that it is still valid and that it’s an ECA for immigration purposes.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will accept ECA reports for five years from the date they are issued.
When creating your Express Entry profile, in your educational history you will be asked to include certain details from your ECA report. Keep your ECA report in a safe and accessible place as you may be requested to submit it if you are invited to apply.
Note: Completing an Express Entry profile is the first step to immigrate to Canada permanently as a skilled worker. Completing an Express Entry profile does not guarantee that you will receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence. An Invitation to Apply for permanent residence will be based on your score and rank in the Express Entry pool using the Comprehensive Ranking System.
Answers others found useful
- How can I find out what Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level my immigration language test results are equivalent to?
- Where can I get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)?
- I’m in the Express Entry pool. How can I look for a job in Canada?
- How do I find my National Occupation Classification (NOC) code?
- Why didn’t I get points for my job offer in Express Entry?
- Do I need to include proof of funds for Express Entry?
How to videos
- Date modified: