Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

What’s an occupation-restricted open work permit?

An occupation-restricted open work permit lets you work for any employer, but only in the occupation listed on the work permit.

For example, in the Home Child Care Provider or Home Support Worker Pilots, you must work outside Quebec in 1 of these National Occupational Classification (NOC) jobs:

  • Home child care provider - NOC 44100 (experience as a foster parent doesn’t count), or
  • Home support worker - NOC 44101

If you have this type of work permit, your employer doesn’t need a Labour Market Impact Assessment to hire you.

You can change employers without getting a new work permit, as long as your new job is in the same occupation and you continue to meet any other conditions on your work permit.

Answers others found useful

Date modified: