What’s the difference between an International Experience Canada work permit and other work permits?
You can get an International Experience Canada (IEC) work permit only if
- you’re a foreign youth who’s eligible for IEC;
- you have a profile in an IEC pool; and
- you’ve received an invitation to apply for a work permit.
IEC is part of the International Mobility Program, which means employers who hire IEC participants do not need to complete a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
Answers others found useful
- What kinds of jobs can I have with an International Experience Canada work permit?
- Can I travel with a specific person for International Experience Canada?
- Do I have to apply online for my IEC work permit or can I apply by mail or in person?
- Will my spouse or common-law partner get a work permit under International Experience Canada to come with me?
- How long does it take to get an International Experience Canada invitation to apply?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: