I want to hire a caregiver with a live-in arrangement. What’s the maximum amount I can charge for room and board?
The maximum amount you can charge depends on the province or territory you’re in. Each province and territory has an employment or labour standards office that deals with labour and employment laws.
If you’re hiring through the Home Child Care Provider and Home Support Worker Pilots, and you and the caregiver agree that you provide housing, the details must be included in the Offer of Employment form IMM 5983 (PDF, 2.33MB).
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- When does my processing time start?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application online. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- What does my family sponsorship application status mean?
- Why can’t I create a permanent residence tracker account for my sponsorship application?
- Why have processing times changed for some applications types?
- How do I check the status of my Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel application?
- Date modified: