I’m working in Canada as a caregiver but I don’t meet the requirements for the caregiver pilots. Can I apply to extend my work permit?
Yes. If you have an employer-specific work permit and you’re working in Canada as a caregiver, you can apply to extend it through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program. To keep your status as a worker, you should apply to extend your work permit before it expires.
Your employer needs to get another positive Labour Market Impact Assessment before you can extend your work permit.
If you meet the requirements in the future, you can apply for the Home Child Care Provider or Home Support Worker Pilot.
You can also check to see if you qualify for another immigration program.
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- When does my processing time start?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application online. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- What does my family sponsorship application status mean?
- Why can’t I create a permanent residence tracker account for my sponsorship application?
- Why have processing times changed for some applications types?
- How do I check the status of my Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel application?
- Date modified: