An employer in Quebec has offered me a job as a caregiver. What do I apply for?
If an employer wants to hire you for a position in Quebec, you must apply for a work permit through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program. Your employer needs to get a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment before they can hire you.
Quebec selects its own economic immigrants. If you want to settle in Quebec permanently, you won’t be eligible for the Home Child Care Provider or Home Support Worker Pilots.
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- When does my processing time start?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application online. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- What does my family sponsorship application status mean?
- Why can’t I create a permanent residence tracker account for my sponsorship application?
- Why have processing times changed for some applications types?
- How do I check the status of my Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel application?
- Date modified: